Honor Unit with Distinction
Above : Carthage cadets that attended the Great Lakes Drill Meet in Buffalo, NY. in November 2016
The mission of JROTC is to motivate young people to become better citizens. The program teaches students the value of leadership, community service, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment while instilling self-esteem, teamwork, and self-discipline.
Some Facts about JROTC:
- JROTC is offered to all students in grades 9-12
- There is NO military obligation for being in JROTC
- JROTC is an elective with FULL course credit
- JROTC offers VOLUNTEER after-school activities such as:
- Color Guard Team
- Drill Team
- Physical Fitness Team
- Academic Challenge Team
- Marksmanship Team
- Adventure activities
- JROTC Cadet Leadership Challenge(JCLC) (Summer/Adventure Camp)
- Community service
- Students can be part of the program for 1, 2, 3, or 4 years.
- Uniforms and equipment are issued to students free of charge.
- Students will form a cadet chain of command and conduct unit formations and functions.
- Also for many high school seniors a scholarship opportunity is available for consideration.
See your guidance counselor to sign up for the course or contact Lieutenant Colonel (retired) Tom Piroli or Sergeant First Class (retired) DeWayne Beasley at (315) 493-5028 for more information.